Friday, July 25, 2014

serendipity reigns in clarksdale indeed

Bill Howell, the innkeeper at The Clark House, the nineteenth century structure  that I mentioned in my last blog entry, keeps a blog. In fact, he mentioned our visit to Clarksdale in his most recent entry. Click here to see how he makes me sound professorial! Thanks, Bill (and his wife Madge who I did not get to meet). On his blog, you will see me standing beside my aforementioned "dear friend" Francine Luckett, wife of Bill Luckett, the Mayor of Clarksdale. We met years ago when I was a journalist. By the way, Bill ends his blog entry by saying "serendipity reigns." I'd have to agree and it does as much over and over again. Fran is an Ole Miss Alum and we look forward to returning to Clarksdale (because there will be no hotel rooms in Oxford) when Alabama plays Ole Miss on October 4! Roll Tide! :)
Innkeeper Bill Howell, Fran and John Beeler, Alabama doctor-person

Me and Francine Luckett, First Lady of Clarksdale, MS

1 comment: